Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Vintage Princess

I worked today on making a freebie to post here on the blog. It's done, but I still have to figure out how to post so that it can be downloaded. It was a fun project. I found a wonderful princess picture in one of my old children's books. It was a labor of love to liberate it from it's page! Because of the print quality I couldn't just darken the lines and use the background eraser in PSP. I had to flood fill each line individually, but it was worth it. The late 1800's & early 1900's produced some of the most beautiful book art ever (IMHO). Surlalune Fairy Tale Illustrators Gallery has a huge collection you can browse through:
Surlalune Gallery

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

This is just lovely! Perfect for any lovely little princess. I really love that swirled vine and the coloring on it too. Great job extracting the beautiful lady too! Thanks soooo much! :D