Monday, July 24, 2006

Working on . . .

Wow, the weekend flew by! I love the charms that are made with microscope slides. They are perfect for photos and collages. I've been trying to make some, but I'm not very good with the soldering. The ones online aren't perfect either, in fact some people do messy, drippy solder on purpose. It's one of those things that you need three or four hands to do LOL! Anyway the purpose of this story (did you think I was just rambling) is to tell you that I decided to make some virtual microscope slide charms. It cuts down on the burned fingers! I'm making frames with & without glass, round, oval, & rectangle. Here's one:



The kit that I'm doing is going to be called Mothers Garden. It has glass nuggets made with pictures of my mom's flowers, a background with her iron gate, and even her little garden gnome. Here's a little looksie . . .



With any luck I'll have them on the site in a day or so!
BTW - this is the lady who got me interested in the charms. I love her stuff. In a round about way she also got me into digiscrapping because it was when I was searching for collage materiels that I found scrapbook sites. Of course, my favorite was this one!

2 comments:

KB and Friends said...

What a cute kit that's upcoming, Carol. I know Sally Jean's site! I love her microscope charms. You'll need to make an elements kit of microscope charms to sell in the store.

Pam said...

They have the coolest things at Sally Jean's, don't they? I agree with Kathryn--make those microscope charms. They're too cool!:)

Pam